Our Commitment to Privacy.
At Uniconnect Sim Private Limited ("Uniconnect," "we," or "us"), we respect the privacy of
your information and have provided this explanation about our online information practices
to show our commitment to protecting your privacy. By using this website (the "Site") or the
services provided through this Site (the "Services"), we may collect information about you,
"Personal Information" means your contact information (e.g., your name, address, email address, or telephone number)
and any other non-public information that is associated with your contact information.
THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE HOSTED IN INDIA. IF YOU ARE A USER ACCESSING THE SITE OR SERVICES FROM ANY OTHER
COUNTRY WITH LAWS OR REGULATIONS GOVERNING PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE THAT DIFFER FROM
INDIAN LAWS, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THROUGH YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, WHICH IS GOVERNED BY
INDIA AND YOU CONSENT TO THAT TRANSFER. ADDITIONALLY, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE
PROCESSED IN COUNTRIES (INCLUDING INDIA) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS
STRINGENT THAN IN YOUR COUNTRY.
1The Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information about you. We may hold information relating to you that you have provided to us
(such as on an Uniconnect Agreement form) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our Distributors
or from marketing organizations and credit agencies).
This information may include, amongst other things, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you
use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location and duration of calls or messages, the numbers
you call and how much you spend, and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our group companies’
websites), the location of your mobile phone from time to time, lifestyle information and any other information collected
in relation to your use of our products and services ("information").
"Personal Information" is any data that identifies you. The personal information given to us is presumed to be true,
complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that. Personal information
held by Uniconnect may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number,
email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Uniconnect PIN, username
or password. Uniconnect also holds details of your Uniconnect account.
3The Ways We Use Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business
operations and functions, which include:
- Verify your identity
- Assist you to subscribe to Uniconnect’s services
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Uniconnect to provide you with a better service
- Settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- Contacting you (including by post, email, fax, short text message (SMS), MMS, pager or telephone) about our products and services and the products and services of carefully selected Service Distributors which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). For completeness we note that where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages we and our selected Service Distributors send need not include an unsubscribe facility;
- Registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes;
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
We however, assure you, that Uniconnect does not disclose your personal information to any other Cellular Service
Providers, Banks, Credit Card companies etc. or their agents, affiliates which could lead to invasion of your privacy.
However, Uniconnect may tie-up with such distributors/agencies from time to time to provide you with services or offers
that may be beneficial to you. Uniconnect may disclose your personal information to the distributors/agencies associated
with us for marketing or any other purposes.
4Sharing /disclosing your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require Uniconnect may disclose your personal information to organisations
within and outside of Uniconnect. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation
to Uniconnect providing its services to you. These organisations carry out
- Customer services
- Mailing operations
- Billing and debt-recovery function
- Information technology service
- Service maintenance
- Market research
Uniconnect takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and
privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, Uniconnect may
disclose your personal information to
- Your authorised representatives
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Those who provide to us products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our distributors and agencies;
- If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- Uniconnect’s related companies
- Uniconnect’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government, regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Organisations who manage Uniconnect’s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Uniconnect’s corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Uniconnect may also disclose your personal information acting in good faith if it believes such action is
necessary to confirm with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights
or property of Uniconnect and the interests of its other users.
If you have opted in to receiving marketing material from us, we may also provide your personal information to
carefully selected third parties who we reasonably believe provide products or services that may be of interest
to you and who have contracted with Uniconnect to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations
to protect your personal information.
- Uniconnect requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with
Uniconnect’s legal responsibilities in relation to privacy. We also review on a regular and ongoing basis
the information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
We reiterate Uniconnect’s commitment to respect your Privacy at all times on a priority basis by ensuring
that this information does not fall in the hands of any outside Agency other than organizations working on
behalf of Uniconnect.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose
is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised
access, modification or disclosure. In case of any concerns the privacy officer can be contacted at
We make every effort to maintain the security of our internet connections; however for reasons
outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to
us or from our online products or services will therefore be your own risk, however we will use
our best efforts to ensure that any such information remains secure. We cannot protect any
information that you make available to the general public – for example, on message boards or
in chat rooms.
Please note that when you are accessing a non-Uniconnect website, you should always read their
with your personal information. You are also responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your
passwords and/or any account information.
information about how you interact with our website, and web-related products and services, to:
- understand what you like and use about our website;
- understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
- provide a more enjoyable, customised service and experience, and
- help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
We may use a persistent cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration
details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have
to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned
Most browser technology (such as Internet Explorer, Netscape etc) allows you to choose whether to accept
cookies or not – you can either refuse all cookies or you can set your browser to alert you each time that a
website tries to set a cookie.
Uniconnect reserves the right to amend or modify this privacy statement at any time and in response to changes
in privacy legislation. Uniconnect is committed to protecting your privacy however if you have any query about the
handling or protection of your personal information or about Uniconnect’s privacy statement,
please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniconnect Sim Private Limited maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal information and communication.
Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal
use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials.
You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or
commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Uniconnect’s written permission.
Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and
all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification,
the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement between you and Uniconnect are superseded and
of no force or effect.
Uniconnect website may contain links to other web sites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the
control of Uniconnect is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Sites, including without limitation any
link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site.
- Uniconnect is providing these links to you only for convenience purpose, and the
inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site or any association with its products
or services or operators or owners including the legal heirs or assigns thereof. Uniconnect makes no
representations or warranties, express or implied, concerning any products, services or information found
on any linked websites.
Uniconnect is not responsible for any errors, omissions or representations on any of our pages or on any
links on any of their pages. The users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information on their own
before undertaking any reliance.